Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Morning Breakfast

Mixing and kneading  the ingredients
This morning I made this recipe from /www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/now-or-later-cinnamon-buns-recipe.
The recipe doesn't call for a cinnamon,sugar and butter filling, just  cinnamon. The reason for that is to keep the cinnamon roll moist for longer. According to the recipe page sugar is hygroscopic; it attracts water and will pull the moister out of the roll. Plus, without the added sugar and butter it has less calories and fat. BONUS!
 
The finished dough

The first rising. I like to warm my convection oven for a few minutes before I put the dough in.

I put my dough slices into cupcake liners.

The finished product.

Perfect timing! Just as I pulled the finished cinnamon buns out of the oven there was a knock at my door...it was my wonderful neighbors Nick and Lorie. They surprised my husband and I with just out of  the oven, homemade, broccoli and cheddar cheese quiche that was scrumptious! It made my heart and my belly smile.
The cinnamon buns were delicious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment