Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 3 of my Christmas baking: Buckyeye delights

Final product...Buckeye Delights
Another recipe from bettycrocker.com that I thought looked very interesting. I usually make traditional buckeyes for Christmas because my husband requests themI'm not a big fan of them.  I don't see what the big deal is. But for him I make them. This recipe was easy enough to make with a Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix to start with. The cookie as a whole is very rich with the chocolate ganache on top but pretty good. Something different and it is pretty. I think I over baked the cookie base so I felt mine were a little dry. My husband had one...said to me, "wow, these are rich!" So, I think I'm going to have to break down and make the traditional buckeyes for him....so, now on my list for tomorrows baking: triple chocolate fudge, caramels AND buckeyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment