Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vegan Vanilla Cupcake

I was so excited to try this recipe for vegan vanilla cupcakes that I found at this site: http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/01/fluffy-white-cupcakes.html
This recipe turned out wonderful!
I also tried this recipe for vegan butter cream icing that I found at this site: http://www.chow.com/recipes/10856-vegan-fluffy-buttercream-frosting.
I didn't have non-hydrogenated shortening or the non-hydrogenated margarine so I bought Country Crock margarine because it said made with non-hydrogenated oils so I made the recipe with just that. It turned out pretty decent with about 1 1/2 more cups of powdered sugar added. I forgot to read the label, just assuming that it didn't have any animal products in it and guess what? Yep, it has milk in it! So, I scrapped that icing and made a new batch of butter cream entirely out of Crisco shortening, powdered sugar, soy milk and pureed strawberries. That actually turned out better than my first try. The frosting consistency is very creamy and it tastes pretty good! So, here is the final product: Vegan Vanilla Cupcake with strawberry butter cream, topped with sliced almonds and candy pearls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment