Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Boothbay Harbor, Maine Web Cam


My favorite picture taken near Boothbay Harbor .

Check out this link to the only place on earth to be at! ( besides, of course, Jefferson, Ohio) I woke up this morning thinking that this time last year my daughter and I were on the road driving to Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Man, would I love to be on the road today on my way there!
This year my family and I are going to try something new...we are still going to go to Maine but this time we are going to go around Christmas of this year. I know my family is all about going to Maine but the going around Christmas time I'm pretty sure they're not crazy about. It's the frigid cold weather that they are worried about. Let me tell you though, winter time in Maine only enhances all of the natural beauty that you are surrounded by there. It really is breathtaking. I personally love winter time. I don't like being cold but somehow everything else about winter makes up for freezing; the crisp cold air is so refreshing to breathe, the snow (I can't get enough of it), the stillness of a good snowfall is so serene. I could go on an on! My family and I will just have to wear lots and lots of layers and once they get there they will forget about being cold! Ya, right.
Yes, this a giant lobster statue sitting on top of the frozen water near Reid State Park in Maine.
This was taken at Reid State Park near Bathe, Maine. The temperature on this day was around 30 degrees. It wasn't too bad but the wind was crazy! We were both soooo cold we had to go the car and warm up and then we went back out into the tundra. I absolutely loved going to the beach this day. I think we spent a couple of hours there.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment