Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Bunny Cupcakes

I made these cute little bunnies out of marshmallow fondant yesterday. Let me tell you, I am hooked now. I want to make other things out of fondant now! There's this game that my family and I like to play, it's called Cranium. In the game there are words, that instead of drawing the clue on paper for your opponent to guess, you sculpt it out of play dough. It is my favorite part of the game to play. What I'm getting at is that marshmallow fondant is like adult play dough. But better, you can eat it!!!!
I made lemon cake, made with fresh lemon zest, for the cupcakes, iced them with cream cheese butter cream, topped them with a yellow fondant disc, fondant bunnies and candy sprinkles. The matching cupcake I topped with green tinted coconut and Cadbury chocolate eggs.
I got the idea for this cupcake from: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=easter++bunny+cupcakes


 These cupcakes went to work with my daughter Jennica. Hopefully they will brighten someones day this morning. Ultimately, that is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment