Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cotton Candy Cupcakes

Cotton Candy Cupcake
I have been wondering how do I get a dome on my cupcakes every time I bake. So, I researched on line and most answers were to preheat your oven to 400 degrees, put your filled cupcake pans in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to the what your recipe tells you to the bake the cupcakes at. I couldn't wait to try this and I have an order for 1 dozen Cotton Candy Cupcakes so I had to try this theory this morning. It worked! (at least on this recipe) I will definitely keep trying this to see if it continues to work.
Any way, I got this recipe for Cotton Candy Cupcakes at: http://bakingdom.com/2011/07/honeydukes-candyfloss-cupcakes-and-an-awesome-harry-potter-giveaway.html 
This is a really nice recipe and a great idea to put the cotton candy into the batter. The cake turned out very moist, light and colorful. (you do have to put just a little pink food coloring in the batter  and just a tiny bit in the butter cream too.) I filled the cupcakes with marshmallow cream and topped it off with sugar sprinkles and cotton candy!

UPDATE: I learned to not put the cotton candy on top until just before serving...it kind of melts on the icing or put a sizable amount on top to allow for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment