Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hmmm..what to do today? MAKE CUPCAKES!!

I've got plenty of things I should be doing around the house but today I'm going to blow it all off and bake cupcakes! I'd rather be doing that anyway. Today I'm going to make my German chocolate cupcakes again and I'm going to try my hand at Snickerdoodle cupcakes. Who doesn't love snickerdoodle cookies? They are one of my favorite cookies. Would you believe I never had a snickerdoodle cookie until about 5 years ago! I was at our local farmer's market in Jefferson and there was a baked goods stand where I saw these cookies at and I bought them and tried them for the first time. After that, I had to bake these for myself. My Mother was a great cook and baker. Her way of cooking and baking was a very simple, down-home style but very delicious. I'm surprised that she never made snickerdoodles because they are a simple, old fashioned cookie. She must not have liked them. I know how that is, it's hard to get into baking something when you don't like it in the first place. 
Anyway, I've been researching snickerdoodle cupcake recipes and the consensus is the recipe from Martha Stewart is the go to recipe for these cupcakes. I'm going to give this recipe a whirl today. I have all the faith in the world that these will be delicious just because it is from Martha Stewart. 
I do have a home for all the cupcakes that I will baking today. They are going to Tuxie's Ice Cream and Sub Shop this evening. There is going to be a party there for the cast of Disney's Aladdin Kids showing at the Ashtabula County Arts Center.  My daughter Sarah used to be in most of the productions there from the time she was 12 years old up until she graduated high school. It was such a wonderful outlet for her. So much that she went on after graduation to Ashland University to earn a bachelor's degree in theater and now she is working on earning her master's in theater. The people that worked and donated there time to the cause of theater are wonderful. They had a part in shaping my daughters future. I will forever and fondly remember that time in our lives. Thank you Ashtabula Arts Center! Here is a link to the Ashtabula County Arts Center news: artscenternews.com Check it out!
As soon as I get the cupcakes finished I will post a picture of the final product. So, I'm off to start baking.....

Here it is! Snickerdoodle cupcake. The recipe for the snickerdoodle cake from Martha Stewart is excellent! I made a cinnamon butter cream for the icing and topped it off with a fresh baked snickerdoodle cookie.
I also made these this morning....German chocolate cupcakes













  

No comments:

Post a Comment