Sunday, January 22, 2012

Super Fast and Easy Peanut Butter Pie


Last night my son called to say he and his girlfriend would be over in, "about and hour or so." I let him know to come hungry that I would make dinner. Well, that meant that I had about an hour to whip something up! So, I made a lasagna, a tossed salad, dinner rolls and a peanut butter pie for dessert.
It's a super easy, fast and yummy  dessert to throw together.

Peanut Butter Pie

1- 8 ounce pkg. of cream cheese
Mix until smooth.

Add 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
Mix until combined.

Add 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mix until combined.

Add 1 small container of Cool Whip
Mix very well, until fluffy.

I already had in my cupboard a pre-made graham cracker crust shell that I put a layer of store bought fudge topping onto the bottom of the crust.
Now, smooth out the peanut butter filling on top of the fudge layer.

To garnish the pie I used fluffy cream cheese icing and piped rosettes around the edge of the pie and then sprinkled milk chocolate shavings onto the rosettes. Chill for about an hour.

Let me tell you,  I was moving like lightning in the kitchen to get dinner AND a dessert made in a little less than an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment