Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lemon Cupcakes

Lemon Cupcakes with a lemon curd center
cupcake recipe adapted from: www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/08/30/lemon-limoncello-cupcakes/
lemon curd recipe from: www.marthastewart.com/343906/lemon-curd
Lemon cupcake with lemon curd filling

I made the cupcakes without the limoncello and they're still pretty lemony. The cupcakes taste really good but I'm not sure about the texture. I had the cupcakes in the refrigerator over night so I'm not sure if the cupcake is firm from being refrigerated or it's the cake itself. I originally made the lemon curd from the cupcake site that I listed and in my opinion  the consistency wasn't right. So, I went back to the recipe I usually use from Martha Stewart. Which, of course, always turns out just right. For the icing I used fluffy cream cheese frosting and I topped it with a white chocolate covered maraschino cherry and a white chocolate decoration.
The cupcake looks good but the verdict is out on the taste of this one until I get my family to taste them. Hmmm... I will find out later if it passes!

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious...I would happily taste one for you! They're also beautiful...prettier than ones I've seen in cupcake shops. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment Melanie. I will be moving on to a blueberry cupcake soon: blueberry cake with blueberry butter cream, garnished maybe with white chocolate covered blueberries maybe. Still thinking about what to garnish it with. I will post pictures of that project soon.

      Delete