Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes

Today is a good day to just stay inside. It's too cold and rainy outside. I have a long list of things I should be doing but, as usual, I opted to bake instead. I swore last time I baked that I wouldn't bake for a month. I caved! I think that means that I have a problem!  Hi...I'm Vicki...I'm a bake-aholic ........
Oh well, at least I'm not eating all this stuff that I bake. Then I really would have a problem. ( I made red velvet cream cheese brownies too!)
Anyways, the chocolate cupcake recipe is from:  www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateCupcakes.html
I got the idea for the rest of this cupcake from: www.kitchendaily.com/2010/12/22/coffee-creations-cupcakes-cupcake-decoration/

For the icing I used stabilized whipped cream.
To dip the cupcakes into chocolate icing, I used store bought icing, put into the microwave for about 25 seconds. What a neat trick! I thought about making chocolate ganache to dip the cupcakes into but this was much easier. It looked really nice too.
I would definitely make this cupcake again!



2 comments:

  1. Like always, your cupcakes are works of art. How did you make that chocolate "handle"? And red velvet cream cheese brownies...oh my goodness, I would weigh 300 lbs. if I lived in your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Melanie! Thank you, the handles are made out of melted chocolate candy melts, piped into an S shape onto waxed paper, chill for a few minutes then stick the fat end of the S into the top of the cupcake. I learned not to put the cookie stick into the cupcake until just before serving because the moisture from the cupcake made them soft.
      Yes, I know... if we did eat everything that I made my entire household would be 300 pounds! That's why I find a home for most things that I bake. Most it goes to where my husband works at. Today, I am going to try my hand at fondant. I'm going to make a peach cupcake with a vanilla frosting and rolled fondant on top, with some sort of fondant flower too. I think these cupcakes will be going to the ladies at the bank....have a great day!

      Delete