Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Butter Cream Icing

Doesn't this make you think of spring? I just love the way this cupcake tastes and looks! The recipe for this came from: /weekofmenus.blogspot.com/2011/04/bluebery-cupcakes-with-blueberry-cream.html
This recipe called for pureed freeze-dried blueberries, which I did not have, so I had to add a little blue and red food coloring gel to the batter for a light purple hue. The cupcake still tastes very much like blueberries with the fresh blueberry puree added to the batter. The icing, same as with the batter, I did not have freeze-dried blueberries so I just made cream cheese butter cream icing and tinted it with blue and red food coloring gel. Next time I make these I will definitely use freeze-dried blueberries, for a more rich, natural color and taste.
For the flower on top, I used white chocolate modeling clay and a dot of pink chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment