Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fondant Calla Lilly, Chocolate, White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes
 
I made these a few weekends ago for a bridal shower. I bought a certain color for green fondant  leaves but the color was all wrong and it was too late to go the store so I had to improvise. I used white chocolate for the leaves instead. It worked.
 

I can't believe that I haven't been on here for months. Right after my last post in April, mine and my children's lives changed literally in one morning. That one morning, my husband of 27 years, decided that our marriage was over. I was completely shocked.
So, as anyone can imagine, since then it has been a struggle for me trying to pick up the pieces of what he left behind, learning how to be independent, entering the work force, learning new skills and working through a divorce through all of that.
I have to be honest, at first I thought that I couldn't do it. As time goes by, I've learned that I can do all these things and more. Each day I've become stronger, more confident, more independent and I'm proud of myself. Everything happens for a reason. I believe that with all of my heart. Good things have come into my life since then. My life has changed for the better........
With that being said, as to why I haven't been posting my latest adventures in baking......I'm back!
I've missed baking....... so, here me ROAR! Here I go again......
 

1 comment:

  1. Your words don't do justice to what you have gone through... I know, because I, too, went through having my life turned completely upside down, and found myself thrust into the position of having to support myself and 2 little ones, then ages 3 and 6.
    I survived and am definitely a different person today. My heart goes out to you as well as thoughts of continued strength and blessings to you and your family. Clearly, you are an excellent role model...

    ReplyDelete