Saturday, February 23, 2013

Baby Shower Cupcakes



My sister in law hired me to make cupcakes for a baby shower that is today. She said to me that the shower is for a girl and that she wanted to show off my work! First of all I was extremely flattered that she would say that but at the same time I thought to myself I better try to give these cupcakes the WOW factor! I don't know if I hit the WOW factor but I sure did try to!!!!

Keep in mind that everything that I do I've learned how to do just by researching the internet and or images and looking up ideas. You tube has a been a big help when it comes to visual tutorials! So, I am a newbie when it comes to working with fondant. I saw an image of a cupcake decorated like this and thought I would give it a whirl. This was my first attempt at trying this.

The cupcakes are chocolate, from  JoyofBaking.com.
My all time favorite chocolate cupcake recipe!
I filled these cupcakes with marshmallow creme filling. Here is the recipe for that:

Marshmallow creme filling:
1- 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
1/2 cup of shortening
1/3cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of hot water
1 teaspoon of vanilla

I mix all of these ingredients together until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.

After I cored out the middle of these cupcakes I filled them with the marshmallow creme, iced them with vanilla butter cream and then tucked a fondant head and hands into the frosting and then topped that with a pink fondant blankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment