Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cream Cheese Filled Red Velvet Cupcakes Part II

The Final Result!
This is it! The final result. I'm mostly pleased with the result. The cake is moist, the icing is fluffy. And I think they look great except for too much coloring in the icing. I went a little crazy with the food dye gel in the pastry bag for the icing. I put  4 stripes of gel in the bag. Next time I will only do 2 stripes of gel for just a hint of color in the icing.

I had my daughter Jennica taste test and critique the first cupcake. (I had her take out the factor that I'm her mother)  She loved it.

I've taught my entire family to be amateur food critics. They all know to first notice the entire look of the baked good, the smell, the texture, the level of moistness, the icing consistency and taste. Then the combinations of flavors in the first bite. So far they have been pretty honest with me. Oh, believe me, if they don't like something they let me know. I have a very vocal and opinionated family. Which of course I love and value them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment