Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cream Cheese Filled Red Velvet Cupcakes

What a day! Long day of work and a 5 mile bike ride with my husband. (we stopped half way through our bike ride to catch a bite of fair food at the Ashtabula County Fair) Oh man, was it delicious! I had a gyro and fair french fries. Yummy!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
I thought long and hard about what kind of cupcakes do I want to make next. Red Velvet Cupcakes won out! I've always held back making red velvet cupcakes just because of all the food dye that needs to go into the recipe to achieve the color. I keep hearing red velvet this red velvet that, so, I wanted to taste what all the hooplah is all about. The heck with the food dye. I tried once using beet juice in the recipe instead of food dye. It didn't work. They were light brown. And I just couldn't get past knowing that there was beet juice in it. It just wasn't appetizing to me.
So, coming tomorrow will be pictures of the final result....cream cheese filled red velvet cupcakes iced with fluffy cream cheese frosting and a white chocolate garnishment. As always, it's my goal for my cupcakes to not only be so moist, but to look and taste WOW.  Hopefully I will be able to achieve that tomorrow when I finish these.


No comments:

Post a Comment