Monday, August 8, 2011

Banana split cupcakes

All day long, all I could think about was how I couldn't wait to get home from work to start on making these cupcakes. Well, finally at 10:00 pm I made the cupcakes. The really fun part, icing and embellishing these little banana cake gems, that will have to wait until tomorrow. . .
Tomorrow I will core out the middle of the cupcake, fill it with strawberry filling, ice with vanilla butter cream, dip into chocolate then the edge with candy sprinkles, top with more vanilla butter cream and a maraschino cherry. OOOh, these babies will have a million calories in each one.
The recipe called for 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup of shortening. I used all butter.
It also called for 1/2 cup buttermilk. Which I did not have, so, as a substitute, I used a little less than 1/2 cup of milk mixed with about a tablespoon of lemon juice.  (works just the same as buttermilk)
So far, the cupcakes taste delicious. Let's see if I can make them look WOW. I will post a picture of the final result tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment